[CentOS] NVidia Quadro4 200/400 NVS CentoOS 4.4

Thu Apr 5 19:53:11 UTC 2007
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 4/5/07, David A. Woyciesjes <david.woyciesjes at yale.edu> wrote:
>         I've put a Nvidia Quadro card in my machine. It was first detected as
> Quadro4 200/400 NVS. I have the pigtail for dual monitors. I've tried
> tweaking the xorg file to get it working, to no avail. So I then
> downloaded the 9631 version driver from Nvidia. The readme for the newer
> files said that they didn't support this card.
>         I run the installer, it builds the module, but gets stopped at "-1
> Invalid module format"
>
> Now, what to do?

You have to get the the latest legacy drivers for nvidia.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-7184.html

They removed support for most of the 'older' video cards, so you have
to get the archive driver release.

George Orwell