[CentOS] Re: Installing centos in a Compaq ML350 G5

Mon Apr 9 15:38:54 UTC 2007
CARLOS CERRATO <ccerratomster at gmail.com>

my fault.  I expressed bad what I tried to say.

I understand, there is a Centos version for every RHEL version. Is'nt it?

Fine. And, (at least in theory), in binary every version corresponds to its
counterpart.

But, ... maybe I am doing something bad. I'll double check.

I have four CD's corresponding to CentOs 4.0, and browsing the HP site, I
found two posible drivers, one of them specifically for Smart Array e200i.

I downloaded it and made a diskette with dd= .....

Tried to install CentOs 4.0 with no success.

The same with RHEL 4.0 and everything is ok.

Maybe, ... CentOs is not version 4.0 ... hmm... maybe.

(but ,.... go man, ... double check ...) ..

It's inspiring you have two working machines with CentOs.

I will try again, .. and again.

(Sorry for these days of silence. Here in Guatemala these days are sacred,
... so. The office is closed. I am taking the rhytm again ... )

Carlos