[CentOS] Centos 5

Tue Apr 10 12:49:22 UTC 2007
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> Ter, 2007-04-10 às 20:06 +0800, Feizhou escreveu:
>
>>>What's the problem?
>>
>>That is because you are a Debian guy. It is shocking to run Fedora,
>>betas, alphas in production here. Please take your community maintained
>>mindset away! ARGH!
>

> What you say is hardly related to someone being a "Debian guy". I know
> quite a few Debian admins who don't use anything but stable releases on
> production machines.

The point is that one must first run software that will do the job. At
the time I set it up, RHEL5 beta1 was the only option available, except
possibly Fedora Core 6. On the machine where I tested FC6, it performed
worse (ie not usefully) than RHEL5 beta1. Since the print server now
works, there's no need to update its software, and doing so may break it.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait