[CentOS] Headers update frequency in local repo

Wed Apr 11 12:12:38 UTC 2007
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 08:19 +0200, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build a local repo as a mirror of basic repos ([Basic],
> [Update],[Addons], [Extras],[CentOSPlus]) and popular third part repos
> ([Dries],[DAG] and [kbs]). The doubt I have is
>
> ¿Is needed that I regenerate the repo headers [1] every time when I've
> updated the local mirror repo [2]?
>
> [1] Eliminate old headers and generate new ones with createrepo script.
> [2] I'll use rsync tool to syncronice the repos.

[2] Synchronizing the repodata should be sufficient.  If that fails to
work properly for specific cases, fall back to [1].

May want to consider using mrepo from Dag/RPMforge.

Phil