[CentOS] time command

Wed Apr 11 17:14:55 UTC 2007
Bisbal, Prentice <PBisbal at LexPharma.com>

Stephen Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 12:09:03PM -0400, Bisbal, Prentice wrote:
>> Stephen Harris wrote:
>>>   time ( command ; command )
>>
>> I was going to suggest that myself, but when I tested in in bash, it
>> didn't work for me. Does it work for you?
>
> Hmm, interesting.
>
> $ time ( echo hello )
>
> It works in bash-2.03 on Solaris 8, but not in bash-2.05 in FC1, FC2,
> RHEL2.1 or Solaris 9 and not in bash-3.00 in RHEL4u4 or Solaris 10.
>
> Works correctly in ksh88 and ksh93 on all platforms.
>
> Sounds like a bash bug to me!

Thanks. For a second, I thought I was going crazy.

--
Prentice

The contents of this communication, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  They are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication.  Please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication in its entirety.