[CentOS] NVidia Quadro4 200/400 NVS CentoOS 4.4

Wed Apr 11 18:34:21 UTC 2007
David A. Woyciesjes <david.woyciesjes at yale.edu>

Michael Velez wrote:

>> 	Comparing the log files from the nv & nvidia attempts -
>> what pops out is nvidia sets the ModulePath to
>> "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia, /usr/lib/xorg/modules".
>> modules directory only has extensions and drivers folders,
>> while the nvidia directory mentioned only has libglx.so...
>> 	The nv Xorg log file is "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"...
>>
>> 	I wonder if it would work to sudo cp those files to
>> where it looking?
>> Probably best to find out where the ModulePath is getting
>> changed/set.
>> Question is, how is a Win refugee to do that?
>>

> You can set that in the xorg.conf file in the Files section
>
> If you do a:
>
> # man xorg.conf
>
> You'll have all the info on xorg.conf you need.  Set the ModulePath variable
> the same way RGBPath was set but substituting the required directories in a
> comma-separated list.

	Well, color me red and call me stupid! That was way too obvious &
easy... I added this :

ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules,
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia, /usr/lib/xorg/modules"

This time it couldn't find the module nvidia, which appears to be in...
/etc/modprobe.d. Unless that's not the file I'm looking for (as eyes
glaze over...)

	Slowly getting there...

--
--- David Woyciesjes