[CentOS] Re: Upgrade from 3.x to 4.x via yum

Thu Apr 12 15:49:40 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Jeff Coleman spake the following on 4/12/2007 8:16 AM:
> Sorry for the noob question.  I am trying to upgrade an older server from
> 3.x to 4.x via yum.  Yum is resolving the original 3.x repositories and does
> not appear to be moving to 4.x due to the fact it still wants to use a 2.4.x
> kernel.
>
> Do I need to point yum to another set of repos in order to upgrade versions?
>
> Thanks
>
> -jeff
I wouldn't do it!
Find some way to use anaconda and either a cd/dvd or network install.
You might get it to work, but you will be much happier if you do it right.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and