[CentOS] 4.92 beta update to centos5 proper words of caution

Thu Apr 12 18:09:32 UTC 2007
Akemi at gmail <amyagi at gmail.com>

On 4/12/07, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Please check out my earlier e-mail at:
> >
> > http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-April/078843.html
> >
> > I booted from a boot CD and did the upgrade from 4.92 via NFS.  Where
> > should I report any issues encounterd?  CentOS bugzilla?
>
> It was always stated that this update would be 'best effort' and not
> supported. For right now (and others may disagree with me) I consider
> this thread to be 'best effort'. It was beta. Deal with the breakage.

Which is why I did the upgrade as a test case.  After a real install
on the same machine, I will report back with anything I find.

> Hopefully that doesn't sound too cold-hearted and uncaring.

Not at all.  You are the person with the warmest heart. Right, everyone? :-)

Akemi