[CentOS] Re: CentOS 5 and bittorrent

Thu Apr 12 18:50:14 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Dennis McLeod spake the following on 4/12/2007 10:57 AM:
> rTorrent is a console-based BitTorrent client. It aims to be a
> fully-featured and efficient client with the ability to run in the
> background using screen
>
> If I install screen, I can start it and leave it in the background when I
> close SSH, right?
> I've not used it before, but am installing it (screen) now (it's in base)
> Anyone have some tips...
> Can't believe I haven't looked for this before....
> Dennis
I have a couple of scripts I used to use. I can't remember where I found them,
but the author is commented in them.
They were for  bitTornado, but the command lines shouldn't be that different.
I haven't used them since the RH9 days, but anybody is welcome to use them.

BT is the script that starts the torrent running, and SCR is an easy interface
into the screen command.
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and