[CentOS] Looking for a better way to build

Sun Apr 15 22:41:13 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On 4/15/07, John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Probably, you should be on lkml - the Linux kernel mailing list.

I used to be, but that was ages ago.  Guess I'll be rejoining when I find
it....

There is no need, or even point, to create rpms for each dumb mistake.

Oh, I don't know - I could screw up more people who were dumb enough to take
my rpms....

:-)

If at all possible, you should be testing first in uml, xen or other
> virtual environment.

I have a  dedicated test machine here at work.  It builds nicely and so far
I haven't built a kernel that won't boot, AND I have fallbacks for if I
do....

Thanks.

mhr