[CentOS] moving CentOS to a larger disk

Mon Apr 16 17:03:14 UTC 2007
Dave <dmehler26 at woh.rr.com>

Hello,
    I've got a CentOS 4.4 box that it's drive is dying. This machine has a
lot of customizations done to it, custom configs and the like and i'd rather
not have to do a full reinstall or manually copy over settings files. What
i'm wondering is is there a way i can set up the new disk, make it bootable,
then transfer the entire system over to it? I would then pull out the
failing drive set the new one to be master, and go on with things?
    Recently i've had to do this on a FreeBSD system for pretty much the
same reason, all data and settings went over fine and i'd like to have the
same success here.
Thanks.
Dave.