[CentOS] Jigdoes of CentOS 4.4 and 5.0 i386/x86_64 CD/DVD available.

Mon Apr 16 23:14:53 UTC 2007
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Maciej Zenczykowski wrote:
>> I've gone through the trouble (after some 10 rounds I finally have
>> something I'm happy with) and generated jigdo/template files for
>> CentOS 5.0 iso's (CD/DVD i386/x86_64) (and CentOS 4.4 while I was at
>> it: CD/DVD/ServerCD SRPMS/i386/x86_64).
>>

> thanks for taking the time to get this done. however, one thing I'd like
> to point out is that there is now a -qa testing team in place, and
> issues such as this should really be run past them ( posting in
> centos-devel usually get their attention ), before posting it on the
> centos list or the public forums.

One doesn't need at all to go to CentOS QA to do something private any
more than CentOS needs to run it past Red Hat's qa.

> If its ok with you, and if you are happy to work with the CentOS
> developers and qa people to make this jidgo process more 'official' -
> could we move this to the centos-devel list and let the -qa people have
> a go at it for a bit ?

OTOH now it's done, I'd love it to be an official part of CentOS.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait