[CentOS] Re: moving CentOS to a larger disk

Mon Apr 16 23:59:14 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Dave spake the following on 4/16/2007 4:13 PM:
> Hello,
>    My thanks to everyone who has responded. I probably should have
> mentioned this box doesn't have a cd-rom in it and it's not practical to
> put one in, install was done via network. I read the tldp hard disk
> howto and i've got both drives in the box. My problem is the original
> howto makes no reference to lvm, when centos 4.4 installed that's what
> it used. So i need to transfer the lvm over along with the data and
> enlarge partitions to fill the available space on the new drive. And if
> possible i need to do this with native tools.
>    Any help appreciated.
> Thanks.
> Dave.
You can add the new drive to the existing VG, and then you can remove the
original drive from the VG. That will move all the LV's to the new drive.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and