[CentOS] Re: Yum issue on CentOS 5, x86_64

Tue Apr 17 11:03:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 15:51 -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
> Styma, Robert E (Robert) spake the following on 4/16/2007 3:30 PM:
> >
> >> Do you have the rpmforge repo enabled?
> >> That could be causing some of your difficulties.
> >>

> > Indeed I do, as suggested in the wiki.  Since this box
> > is for my wife, packages for mp3 and wmv files were
> > important.
> >
> > Bob Styma
> It is usually safer to add the outside repos disabled, and install extras with
> the --enablerepo command.

We also have "yum-priorities" plugin (named "yum-plugin-priorities" on
CentOS-4) that will prevent updates from 3rd Party repos to anything
with a higher priority.

http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes