[CentOS] Re: 32-bit vs 64-bit CentOS on 64-bit hardware

Tue Apr 17 20:13:00 UTC 2007
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:55 PM +0100 Jeremy Sanders
<jss at ast.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Using AMD chips, 64 bit mode is significantly faster than 32 bit mode (20
> to 30 percent, depending on the code), due to the extra registers. I don't
> think this is the case for Intel chips. We run all our 64 bit desktops in
> 64 bit mode, and it's not too hard to get closed source 32 bit apps
> working.

What kinds of issues do you run into, if any, getting 32 bit apps running
on a 64 bit system?

For example, if I run 64 bit on my Venice-based game box, has anyone
experience getting WoW to run in Cedega on that?