[CentOS] linuxthreads & Printers in Centos5...

Wed Apr 18 15:44:31 UTC 2007
Stefan Held <obi at unixkiste.org>

Am Mittwoch, den 18.04.2007, 15:40 +0100 schrieb Jake Grimmett:

> 2) As part of my setup script for centos 4, I add a large list of printers to
> each workstation by using
> system-config-printer-tui --Ximport < settings.xml
> (on my master machine I create the list with system-config-printer-tui
> --Xexport > settings.xml )

You might want to read something about cups broadcasting.

man cupsd.conf /Browsing

> Is there any easy way of automatically adding 15 printers to Centos 5 ?

Yes

> My thanks for your time,

But now, lets get to the Fact why this is not working. Before Centos 5
there was Cups 1.2 and a Gnome Frontend designed to work with 1.1.

The RH Devs decided it would be easier to fix it with xml transition
files than leave the users with the web frontend alone.

Now in Rhel5/Centos5 is a frontend which works directly with Cups 1.2 so
there is no need for the xml magic anymore.

--

 Stefan Held                    VI has only 2 Modes:
 obi unixkiste org              The first one is for beeping all the time,