[CentOS] Re: smartd stalls the system on reboot

Wed Apr 18 18:27:22 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On 4/18/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:

> > The smart bios option is usually only to give you an error message on
> boot.
> > Sendmail start delays are usually related to name resolution, and can
> > sometimes be related to entries in /etc/hosts.

Here's mine:

69.234.27.32         mhrichter
127.0.0.1              mhrichter localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.108.128   mhr-wm-win

> Do you have an sata controller that isn't supported with smartd?

I don't think so - it's the on-board controller in the mobo (nVidia
chipset), and this only started when I started having problems with the SG
400GB drive (that is now gone), or at least that was when I began to notice
it.   My lsmod shows sata_nv, which would be the right one.

mhr