[CentOS] samba centos and cups client errors

Sat Apr 21 15:18:53 UTC 2007
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On 4/20/07, Dave <dmehler26 at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I have a CentOS 4.4 box acting as a print server with a cups backend and
> samba 3.2.4. I recently ran yum which updated both cups and cups-libs, but i
> do not think this is my problem. I've added windows drivers to the samba
> sharea and have in the past printed a test page to the printer. Now when i
> atempt to do this with a word document from a windows box, i am getting the
> error: client not authorized. It is showing me connecting to the print$
> share as my user which have SePrintOperatorPrivilege, then i get the error
> from cups about the client not being authorized. Any help appreciated.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

I have a similar setup except that samba is 3.0.10.  In my case, I
have a guest account for samba and the print jobs are queued from
samba to cups as this user.  This has been working well under CentOS
4.4.

Akemi