[CentOS] Re: CentOS 5 cronjobs

Sun Apr 22 02:28:49 UTC 2007
Steven Haigh <netwiz at crc.id.au>

On 22/04/2007, at 12:08 PM, CentOS List wrote:
>> CentOS List wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How do i check and see errors for cron.daily? My logrotate and
>>> logwatch is not running at the specific time daily.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> /var/log/cron?
>
> My logwatch and logrotate are not running at all. Any idea?
>
> [root at www ]# ls -la /etc/cron.daily/0logwatch
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 Apr 17 11:36 /etc/cron.daily/0logwatch -
> > /usr/share/logwatch/scripts/logwatch.pl
>
> [root at www ]# ls -la /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 180 Jan  7 00:42 /etc/cron.daily/logrotate

is crond running? As the previous person said, checking /var/log/cron
is a start. If there's no entries in this, then crond is probably not
running. If there are entries, then there's probably some kind of
message. Also check you have a way to get mail off that box if you're
forwarding mail in /etc/aliases to somewhere else...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au