[CentOS] setting up CentOS 5 with Raid10

Tue Apr 24 12:40:50 UTC 2007
Jeremy Rosengren <jeremy at rosengren.org>

> Well as far as Raid10, it's not even an option for the installer.  If
> I do select raid1 for the entire array, I only get the space of 3 of
> the 4 drives, and the installer still complains that I cannot put boot
> on a raid system.
> Is there a how-to somewhere on getting this to work?
>
> Russ

Kernel support does not automatically mean that code has been added to
anaconda to support it...there was a thread about this earlier in the
month where somebody recommended trying to create this manually in the
installer by striping each pair of disks and mirroring those stripes.
An alternative approach suggested switching over to a console to create
things manually, outside of the installer.

-- jeremy