[CentOS] Annoying Mouse Tricks

Tue Apr 24 16:08:35 UTC 2007
Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>

On 4/24/07, Mark Weaver <mdw1982 at mdw1982.com> wrote:

> yeah... the overall concensus is that a different KVM and possibly a
> different mouse/keyboard will fix the problem, but since that is very
> unlikely to happen I'm going to have to find a software/OS solution.

Either try 'chkconfig gpm off; service gpm stop', or (after every KVM toggle)
try running 'service gpm restart'.

If GPM isn't chkconfig'd on in the first place, also try that
(followed by the restart after every KVM toggle).

This is a little bit of a shot in the dark, but I've found in the past
(with older versions of RH/CentOS, but still) that when a PS/2 mouse
is unplugged and then plugged back in, GPM has to be kicked before the
mouse will respond properly, even if the console is running X11 at the
time.