[CentOS] Saving digikam photos for update to Centos 5

Tue Apr 24 20:40:00 UTC 2007
Richard E Miles <r.godzilla at comcast.net>

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:25:34 -0700
"Akemi Yagi" <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/24/07, Richard E Miles <r.godzilla at comcast.net> wrote:
> > I will be installing Centos 5 soon and would like to know how to save my
> > digikam photos from centos 4.4 for inclusion in the centos 5 digikam version.
> >
> > I have a external usb 2.0 hard drive to save the messages on. I know how to savethe messages on the hard drive.
> > I am interested in knowing should I save the entire pictures directory or only
> > the photos from my albums.
>
> I have not done this myself, so this is only a suggestion. First
> locate your digikam's configuration fle.  In KDE, it may be:
>
> ~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc
>
> If it has a line Album Path=/some/path, you probably need to copy that
> directory and later refer to it in your new installation.
>
> Akemi

I run digikam from Gnome.
I checked the ~/.kde/share/config/ for digikamrc and that file does not exit.

I would think that it would not be neccessay to check that file for my photos.
I have a folder called Pictures in my home directory. It contains my albums
and the digikam3db file. I guess what I am really concerned about is that the
digikam3db file may not be compatible with the Centos 5 version of digikam.

--
Richard Miles
Federal Way WA. USA