[CentOS] Raid 1 newbie question

Wed Apr 25 16:49:58 UTC 2007
alex at avantel.ca <alex at avantel.ca>

On Wed, April 25, 2007 11:54 am, Roberto Pereyra wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Raid 1 centos 4.4 setup and now have this /proc/mdstat output:
>
> [root at server admin]# cat /proc/mdstat
> Personalities : [raid1]
> md2 : active raid1 hdc2[1] hda2[0]
>       1052160 blocks [2/2] [UU]
>
> md1 : active raid1 hda3[0]
>       77023552 blocks [2/1] [U_]
>
> md0 : active raid1 hdc1[1] hda1[0]
>       104320 blocks [2/2] [UU]
>

> What happens with md1 ?

hdc3 appears to be the problem.  Try using mdadm (man mdadm) query mode to
find out more info about md1 and /dev/hdc3.  Are you sure /dev/hdc3 is set
to be linux raid autodetect (use fdisk to find out).  You can also try
adding hdc3 to the array with mdadm - see the man page for details.

cheers;

Alex
====