[CentOS] Centosplus for centos 5

Wed Apr 25 17:45:44 UTC 2007
Tarun Reddy <treddy at rallydev.com>

On Apr 25, 2007, at 9:35 AM, Tarun Reddy wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2007, at 4:33 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>> Sigh,
>>> This is what I get for being excited and update my machine before
>>> actually looking at the RPMs....
>>>
>>> It appears that the jfs kernel module isn't built yet for the
>>> CentOSplus kernel. So while fsck.jfs does work, I can't get
>>> Centos to
>>> actually mount my jfs partition. Of course I may have screwed
>>> something up, too.
>>>
>>> I have  this line in /etc/fstab
>>> /dev/md2                /export                 jfs
>>> defaults        1 1
>>>
>>> and when I do a mount /export
>>> I get
>>> mount: unknown filesystem type 'jfs'
>>>
>>> uname -a
>>> Linux fw.tarun.homeip.net 2.6.18-8.1.1.el5.centos.plusxen #1 SMP Mon
>>> Apr 16 07:34:51 CDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>> I have one .. somehow, the JFS was not turned on in the x86
>> kernel ...
>> let me respin the kernels with all the proper config files and
>> turn on
>> firewire.
>>
>> I'll get another kernel out today for testing
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Johnny Hughes
>>
> That's funny, I actually look at that last night, but since I moved
> from i386 to x86_64, I only looked at the kernel-xen i386.config
> file in the kernel SRPM and saw that CONFIG_JFS_FS=m. Now that I
> look in the x86_64 kernel, it is not set. I'm going to try and
> rebuild as well.. just for the heck of it.

Well I changed that, and rebuilt the rpms, and no love. rpm -qpl
kernel or kernel-xen don't show any jfs components. kernel-debuginfo-
common shows a bunch of jfs stuff but they are just .c files. No help
there.

I guess I'll see what Johnny comes up with. Probably a more serious
build bug. (FWIW, I just did a rpmbuild --bb kernel-2.6.spec after
install the SRPM)

Tarun