[CentOS] Error trying to mount NFS volume from kickstart in CentOS 5 [solved]

Thu Apr 26 14:07:36 UTC 2007
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

On Apr 26, 2007, at 2:29, Mogens Kjaer wrote:

> Alfred von Campe wrote:
>> I guess I'll keep following up my own posts until someone else
>> chimes in :-).  Seriously, though, had anybody else seen this
>> problem?  Has anyone successfully mounted an NFS volume from
>> kickstart wiht CentOS 5?
>
> Yes, both in centos 4 and 5.
>
> I do it like this:
>
> mount 172.20.0.1:/home /mnt/temp -o nolock,udp
>
> nolock because the lock deamon isn't running.

Thank you, thank you, thank you (or should I say tak, tak, tak)!  The
nolock option did the trick.  It wasn't required in CentOS 4, but
sure is in CentOS 5.  I wonder what defaults have changed (I didn't
find anything in the man pages for mount and nfs).  In both cases I
am accessing the same NFS server, which is a CentOS 4.4 system (soon
to be a CentOS 5 system also).

Alfred