[CentOS] FreeNX authenticates but no desktop on centos 5 ??

Fri Apr 27 15:48:53 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On 4/27/07, Jeremy Gray <jrgray at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Now ... this seems a really silly question ... but I will ask it
>> anyway.
>> >
>> > You do fully have Gnome installed on the server in question, right?
>>
>> well, at this point, I'm ready for questions that might seem really
>> silly!
>> bring 'em on :-)
>
> Then, here's another silly question.  When you copied the key, did you
> copy the whole thing including the === BEGIN === and === END=== lines?

I think an error in the key would cause an authentication error instead
of what he is seeing (but you might break it deliberately to be sure).

Is gnome starting normally at the console or could there be some problem
at that level?   I've forgotten if you need to be in runlevel 5 for
freenx like you do for remote xdm logins, but that's another possibility.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com