[CentOS] Centos DVD image... for NON bittorrent users?

Fri Apr 27 22:16:48 UTC 2007
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Mark Snyder wrote:

> Dan Pritts wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:02:27PM +0200, Gernot Stocker wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> could someone (some mirror) please provide DVD isos of the Centos5
>>> also via ftp/http. The bittorent ports on out network are blocked and
>>> at the moment I couldn't find any DVD isos for
>>> "regular" download.
>>
>> for future reference, any reasonable client should be able to
>> configure the port numbers.
>>
>> danno
>>

> danno for your reference not all ISP's are reasonable.  I have a number
> of clients on "Managed Networks" who have no control over their ports.
> You should be more tolerant and open to others problems

It seems to me that it's not reasonable to mess around with a business'
firewall to use BT, even where that business wants/needs CentOS.

Other distros do create downloadable DVD-sized ISOs.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait