[CentOS] FreeNX authenticates but no desktop on centos 5 ??

Mon Apr 30 01:29:24 UTC 2007
Jeremy Gray <jrgray at gmail.com>

> Why don't you try a fresh centos5 install and a simple 'yum install
> freenx' to see if that works for you?  If you don't have a spare text
> box you can do it under vmware.  If that works, then you can compare the
> working configuration to the one that doesn't work to pin down the
> difference.

thanks Les, yes, this seems like the way to go when I have more time to give
freenx. I like freenx more that vnc, and feel like I should be close to
getting it up.

The only other thing I can think of is that the connection may be trying
> to restore a broken session or one that doesn't really exist.  I used to
> see that on older versions of freenx but I've forgotten how to clean up
> the session info.

I tried nxserver --cleanup, as well as  removing the old installation of
freenx plus various files in ~ and reinstalling