[CentOS] Fwd: Response from Canon - MultiPASS (KMM7153196V60774L0KM)

Mon Apr 30 09:51:00 UTC 2007
Ioannis Vranos <ivranos at freemail.gr>

Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> My apologies:  It's been a really long weekend and I typed faster than
> I read....
>
> 1) I top posted.  Goof 1.
>
> 2) For some rason, I thought this was a response from Canon.  Goof 2.
>
> Chris:
>
> Seriously, that isn't an option from my end, but I did return the
> printer and probably will never buy another Canon printer.  My
> attraction to them died when I had to return my wife's IP4300 (an
> exchange for her IP4200, and exchange for her IP4000) to get another
> one about six months after the exchange.  What a collection of trash!
>
> Anyone know where I can find a good inexpensive scanner?
>
> Thanks.

I have an HP Deskjet 3745 printer and an HP Scanjet 2200c scanner, and
both work OK with CentOS 5.0.

Previously while on SL 4.x, the scanner worked OK too, and the printer
required the hplip package to work OK, but CentOS 5.0 comes with it.

HP products work well with GNU/Linux.