[CentOS] [OT] CentOS 5 and Inspiron 6400 [WAS: CentOS 5 - Issues with multimedia]

Mon Apr 30 10:47:02 UTC 2007
first last <prelude_2_murder at yahoo.co.uk>

> I've just received my new 6400 (T7400, 2GB, 160GB, Vista Home
> Premium)
> and I'd like to install CentOS 5 too. With big surprise (looking at
> the
> partition table first and then, googling,
> http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/index.htm) I found that Dell is
> used to use the whole of the four partitions (see the url above for
> details).
>
> Did you remove any of these partitions (e.g. the Media Direct one)?
> Could you share your experience? I'd like to preserve the base
> functionalities without preventing me to use CentOS 5 as the master
> OS.

I removed all partitions and reinstalled from scratch. My machine came
with XP Home and I replaced it with XP pro on a small partition (10
GB).

If I remember correctly, you can reinstall the dell software and it
will only wipe the first partition (sda1), but that only applies to XP.

Let me know if you have any other doubts :)

Gabriel

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/