[CentOS] Re: Can't print PDFs or PSs in CentOS 5.0

Mark Hull-Richter mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 22:03:29 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, John Plemons <john at mavin.com> wrote:

>  One other thing, printer settings, and also is it only with this PDF file, or all??  If it is just this PDF then it could be a bad conversion...
>
>  john
>

>  Scott Silva wrote:
>    Mark Hull-Richter spake the following on 7/31/2007 6:19 PM:
:>
> mhr
>
>       Does the printer have enough memory to render a full page at whatever output
> resolution you are using?

This looks to me like an excellent example of why top-posting does not
work (and is deprecated in this mailing list)

However, to answer the question, I'm not sure which printer settings
would be affected here, but the problem is primarily restricted to
graphical PDFs - those that are all or mostly text print just fine.

Also, as a rule, when my VMWare Windows guest was working, I would
routinely go there to print the files from the Windows Acrobat Reader
(version 8 I think) with no trouble at all.

mhr