[CentOS] virtual hdd problems when CentOS is guest OS

Rogelio Bastardo

scubacuda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 02:47:13 UTC 2007

I recently installed VMware on CentOS 4.4 (using the single server
CD).  I installed VMware fine, and then installed the VMware-mui tools
that allow me to use a Windows box to console to the server. From my
Windows box, I can create VMs on the fly just fine.

Interestingly, I can create virtual Debian boxes ok, but I can't
create virtual CentOS boxes. What might I be missing?  As soon as I
boot to the iso, it says something about not being able to find the
drive.

(I didn't have this problem with CentOS when Windows was my host OS,
only when CentOS is the host OS)