[CentOS] new CentOS 5 as DNS server

Ray Leventhal centos at swhi.net
Fri Aug 3 13:08:18 UTC 2007

Feizhou wrote:
> Ray Leventhal wrote:
>> Tomasz Napierała wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Apart from installation, I would suggest using PowerDNS as a
>>> secondary DNS. It's not only robust, fast and secure, but also has
>>> very interesting capability of automated zones depolying (espacially
>>> usefull for secondary NS). I'm using it on all my secondary
>>> nameservers, and that's saving me lot of time.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>> Thank you Tomasz,  I'll have a look at PowerDNS.  Much appreciated.
>>

> Well, if you are willing to look into BIND alternatives, please take a
> look also at tinydns which is part of the djbdns package.
>
> Dead simple format for dns configuration and on-the-fly zone updating
> are some of its features.
Feizhou,

I'm more than willing to look into alternatives, especially when
recommended by those more knowledgeable than I (which is *most* of this
list, I might add)

So, thank you *very* much for that.  The machine is slated to go live
this weekend so i've clearly got some reading and evaluating to do (on
my testbed machine, of course).

Thanks again...and again,
~Ray