[CentOS] centos 5 as p2p client

Dave

dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Fri Aug 3 18:49:27 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I'm running centos5. I'm wanting this machine only, none of my other
ones, to participate in p2p file sharing, bittorrent, edonkey, maybe other
networks. Does anyone have a howto or step by step guide for this? I've
installed bittorrent and mldonkey clients, but neither is working, i'm
assuming gateway firewall issue, but i've enabled the correct ports, 6881
through 6999 redirecting to the centos box. I've not made any additions to
the centos5 firewall.
    I've got some audio available on bittorrent network i'd like to get, and
a .torrent file for it and on edonkey there's an iso any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.