[CentOS] CentOS vs RedHat packages

Shawn Everett shawn at tandac.com
Sun Aug 5 07:25:31 UTC 2007

On Saturday 04 August 2007, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Shawn Everett wrote:
> >> Anyone on the list experience the same kind of problem, and find an
> >> answer?  If so, what was it?
> >
> > A couple of follow up questions:
> > - How much disk space is on the server and how is it partitioned?  How
> > many logical disks in the RAID controller (if any) are made?
>
> About 200 GB total, using RH's default layout.   More than emough.   One
> logical disk on the RAID.

Thx.  The reason I asked is many of us have ran into issues with large
disks (2TB+).  You would only have to search back in the archives to find
those details.

I did my RHCE on RHEL5.  I can confirm there are some weird bugs in some
system-config scripts.  One of them bit me during the exam. :)  I didn't
and have never used system-config-services so I can't comment on that one
specifically.

Shawn