[CentOS] Re:

beast beast at ldap.or.id
Mon Aug 6 08:56:26 UTC 2007

On 06/08/07 14:57 +0800, Feizhou wrote:
>  wrote:
>>
>>Since neither anaconda nor system-config-kickstart can give a list of
>>all packages that
>>has been installed, waht is the recommended way to replicate one system for
>>another new installation (without using hd cloning) ?
>>
>>Is it possible to simply do 'rpm -qa >> my-ks.cfg' ?
>>
>>When running anaconda installer, it gives system selection as well as
>>package
>>grouping (desktop vs server -> gnome vs kde -> gnome-pilot etc), which file
>>provides these info?
>
>You can use kickstart to control what packages are installed.
>
>/root/install.log has the details of what packages are installed by
>anaconda.

Yes, it is same like running rpm-qa.
After doing it myself, it can be done by listing 'rpm -qa' under %packages in
ks.cfg, however there are still differences, maybe due to dependencies:

[me at localhost ~]$ wc -l old_system.pkg new_system.pkg
 707 old_system.pkg
 733 new_system.pkg
1440 total

--beast