[CentOS] "near native" performance with xen?

Johnn Tan linuxweb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 21:54:29 UTC 2007

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 16:54 -0400, Johnn Tan wrote:
>> What error messages are you seeing? On one of my machines, I
>> have four domU's (kernel 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5xen), each with 4
>> VCPUs. I don't see any errors in any of the domU's dmesg.
>> But /proc/cpuinfo shows they are each using all 4 CPUs.
>
> Soft lockups on CPUs:
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2161

Thanks for the link Daniel. I am not experiencing this at
all. I now have 11 machines where I've assigned all
available VCPUs to every domU running on each machine. I
just did a reboot on one of them and checked the domU dmesg
and do not see this.

I'm thinking it's either the kernel version or, like the
user states, maybe it's something with HyperThreading.

johnn