[CentOS] mysql.users deleting

Jordi Espasa Clofent

sistemes.llistes at intergrid.cat
Wed Aug 8 08:42:38 UTC 2007

Hello,

Today I was working with MySQL in a test box (CentOS 5.0 x86_64) using
phpMyAdmin interface. Accidentaly I've removed user table in mysql
database (so, mysql.users)...

:S

I've two interesting questions:

1) Despite of it, ddbb server seems to work perfectly. I use 3/4
diferent databases with their mysql users... and it works yet! I don't
understand, because mysql.users is the reference that MySQL server uses
to admin their users and permissions access.

¿?¿?¿?¿?¿ Maybe a kind of memory caché is active... but I think this
have not any sense...

I've suposed the mysql.user was totally _required_.

2) ¿How I can reisert mysql.user table without reinstall entire package?
I've got only a few mysql users only and I can recreate their
permissions access in short time.

--
Thanks,
Jordi Espasa Clofent