[CentOS] Re: Postfix smtp freezing

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Aug 9 22:49:37 UTC 2007

Jason Ross spake the following on 8/9/2007 3:36 PM:
> No I have not. We are a small company and the owner freaks out when it
> comes to any down time of email so I have just maintained the original
> install.
> No updates.
Can you give some more details, like OS type/version, postfix version,
MailScanner version, ETC. Probably many security holes if it has been sitting
un-patched for 8 months.
I think the owner would freak out more if his server gets rootkitted because
of some unpatched security hole, don't you think?

I patch running mail servers all the time, the downtime is usually only
minutes, and if it is that busy, a remote ssh session will let you do it later
in the evening.
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and