[CentOS] Can't get ipw2200 to work in CentOS 5 on Dell laptop

andy.allen at virgin.net andy.allen at virgin.net
Sat Aug 11 07:38:03 UTC 2007

Thanks again Phil for all your help,
It's now on the hardware tab OK and says ipw2200 eth1 ethernet configured!
However, what I just don't understand (and sorry if I'm being dumb!) is why
the "new" adapter just doesn't show up in the list of adapters on the
devices tab as Intel Coporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG or some such. So the
problem is when I try to set up eth1 with all the necessary wireless info
(WEP key etc), I can't do it because I can't select the right adapter!
I'm sure I'm nearly there, but this last "small step for man" is proving to
be a bit of "a giant leap...."!

Andy