[CentOS] Unable to add new device Intel Coporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG

andy.allen at virgin.net

Sat Aug 11 16:19:05 UTC 2007

Using CentOS 5 - installed ipw2200 firmware and tried to set up new eth1
wifi device, but adapter Intel Coporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG doesn't show
up in list of adapters when I try add New Device (ipw2200 does show up on
hardware tab as ipw2200 eth1 ethernet configured). I've noticed that when I
run system-config-network on command line, these errors show up:

(system-config-network:3160): libglade-WARNING **: Error loading image:
Failed to open file
'/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/network.xpm': No such file
or directory

(system-config-network:3160): libglade-WARNING **: could not convert string
to type `GdkPixbuf' for property `logo'

Is this significant and if so what can I do to rectify - thanks,

Andy