[CentOS] Automount configuration problem

Lanny Marcus

Mon Aug 13 14:58:43 UTC 2007

I have a simple automount configuration problem. I've done two similar,
clean, Custom installations of CentOS 5.0, on two similar, but not
identical boxes. On my box, automount is working perfectly. On my
daughter's box, it's not working. If I put the FC6 DVD into the drive in
my box, I can see the contents of the DVD, without any problem. If I
cat /etc/mtab in my box, I see this line:
/dev/hdc /media/FC_6\040i386\040DVD iso9660
ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev,uid=503 0 0

In System > Preferences > Removable Drives and Media, in both
boxes, for Storage tab, the 3 top boxes have check marks.

Mounted on /media.

On my daughters box, nothing in /media.  It's /dev/hdc.

Question: What configuration file do I need to change, in her
box?

TIA! Lanny