[CentOS] Re: Automount configuration problem

Tue Aug 14 12:48:12 UTC 2007

<snip>
>         mount /dev/cdrom /media

I saw the above line in the updated Release Notes from Upstream
yesterday and I was able to mount the FC6 Install DVD, as root from a
terminal, and then install the kdeedu package from that DVD, without
problems yesterday.

Then, last night, I tried to view the contents of the CentOS 5.0 Install
DVD and no luck.

This morning, I got the following results, with the FC6 Install DVD on
that box:

(1) mount - No medium found

(2) rebooted into Win ME and there was no problem

(3) took out the DVD, rebooted to CentOS 5.0, inserted the FC6 DVD into
drive.  # mount /dev/cdrom /media
mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write protected, mounting read only
and I was able to view everything on the DVD, without any problem.

I'd begun to think possibly there was a problem on the Teac DVD drive
and that I should look for TEAC DVD Diagnostics, but it seems to work
properly.

Any ideas? TIA, Lanny