[CentOS] yum update fails, cobbler check fails

Karl R. Balsmeier

karl at klxsystems.net
Wed Aug 15 23:32:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm running Centos 5 on an IBM x3550 series server with kernel version
2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP, dual xeon, 9GB ram system.

When I run yum update, I get this error:

--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libevent-1.1a.so.1()(64bit) for package:
nfs-utils
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libevent-1.1a.so.1()(64bit) is needed by
package nfs-utils

I could do a force past this, but was just curious if anyone else has
run into this issue.

The reason I ask is that I just installed RPMforge, cobbler, koan, and
dnsmasq.

  11  wget
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/dag/redhat/el4/en/x86_64/dag/RPMS/rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el4.rf.x86_64.rpm

  12  rpm -ivh rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el4.rf.x86_64.rpm
  13  yum install cobbler
  14  yum install koan
  16  yum install dnsmasq
  17  cobbler check

-I get this error when running cobbler check:

[root at localhost ~]# cobbler check
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/cobbler", line 18, in ?
   import cobbler.cobbler as app
ImportError: No module named cobbler.cobbler

Could these two symptoms relate to the same root cause?  This happens to
be the second server I have tried this on, with same results, on
completely different hardware, different networks, so we know this isn't
a driver or network issue.

Anyhow, any advice is much appreciated, i'd love to roll out a more
robust provisioning system, looks like am super close once past this error.

-karl