[CentOS] Automount configuration problem

Thu Aug 16 19:34:25 UTC 2007

On 14 August 2007, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
<snip>
> Not sure what the problem is ... but the new (fc6/7 and centos)
> mounting
>  of DVDs uses gnome-mount.
>
> it mounts under ... /media/$ISO_NAME
>
> it should also show on the desktop

Johnny: It shows up properly, if I put a CD into that drive, but not
with a DVD in the drive. (On my box, a DVD works properly, all the
time).

I did   #rpm -V gnome-mount   and there was no output, so I believe
gnome-mount is OK.

If I boot that box, with the CentOS 5.0 install DVD in that drive, it
comes up to the install screen, every time. There does not seem to be a
problem with it mounting and reading the DVD, when it is booted.

I am wondering if somehow I screwed up the file permissions or settings
(running SELinux in Permissive mode and the Firewall, as on my box) that
are in some file unknown to me.

Thank you for writing! I get the Digest ML, and I just read your reply.
Lanny