[CentOS] Kernel

Lukasz seem at gazeta.pl
Sun Aug 19 15:52:04 UTC 2007

User centos wrote:
> Is kernel depends on Centos version, I mean I have installed Centos 4.3
> and its kernel
> version is 2.6.9, but I want to upgrade the kernel to the latest
> available in kernel.org.

you can use any 2.6.x kernel version, but then you have to run
it yourself

I suggest to use kernel source RPM package from Fedora 6 or 7
and try to rebuild it; even if you will have to modify spec
file, it's less work and more safe and you have huge number of
patches; and you will have RPM packages, so you can build and
test kernel on other machine with no risk

--
Opole - Miasto Bez Granic.
http://www.opole.pl - tu znajdziesz nowe miejsca, nowe mozliwosci, nowe inspiracje...