[CentOS] Need help to track an ip port problem

Erick Perez

eaperezh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 15:52:11 UTC 2007

Hi, My centos 4.4 fully updated is going to be used as a mail server.
However I did something or i didn't do something and I need some assistance.
You see, If I run sendmail in port 25, i can telnet localhost 25 fine.
but if I telnet the machine from another machine, the port is refuse.
So i tested by running other programs (one at a time) listening to
port 25, I cant connect.

So It seems that something is blocking specifically port 25 to receive
incoming connections.

Can I have some assistance as to where to look for a configuration
mistake? Basically something has my port 25 blocked on the same
machine. BTW iptables is not running.

Cheers,

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780