[CentOS] dialog boxes on X

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Aug 21 20:36:55 UTC 2007

>>/ All,
/>>/
/>>/ I have been looking at zenity to pop up messages on the X screen.
/>>/ Is there another alternative to zenity that I have not found?
/>>/
/>>/ I need to be able to completely remove the OK button, I cannot find a
/>>/ way in zenity to do this.
/>>/
/>>/ also It would be nice to have a --timeout 5 option on the command line also.
/>>/
/>>/ Any suggestions?
/
>Gdialog

Jim - on my 4.5 system this is what gdialog says...

gdialog --help
gdialog is a compatibility wrapper around zenity, provided to hopefully
allow older scripts to run. If you are reading this message, you should
probably be using zenity directly

type: 'zenity --help' or 'man zenity' for more information

Jerry