[CentOS] Hot swap SATA?

Alfred von Campe alfred at von-campe.com
Wed Aug 22 19:47:32 UTC 2007

> /dev/hda is being controlled by a controller that mimics an IDE
> drive and is being accessed through the kernel's ide layer.  /dev/
> sda is being controlled by a libata-supported controller and is
> being accessed through the kernel's scsi stack with libata.

As far as I know, all drives (2 hard disks and 2 optical drives) are
on the same controller.  Well, all 4 are plugged in to the
motherboard of a Lenovo ThinkCentre M55 PC.  There is no separate
controller, unless there is more than one on the motherboard itself.
In the BIOS, these drives all appeared together numbered 1-5 (with
one of these missing because there are only 4 devices total).

Alfred