[CentOS] Trying to understand Remote desktops

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Aug 24 09:31:19 UTC 2007

ail.com>

Jeremy Gray wrote on Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:16:00 -0400:

> hmmm, I'd say probably not. what about tcp wrappers maybe?

I don't see how these could intervene here. This box is setup fresh and I didn't
set any firewall or other access restrictions yet. This is here in my local LAN
and I can connect with SSH just fine. As I'm using the same port with NX that
should be open for it as well. I tried with SSL now, same result.

> just to check the client,

Thank you very much for trying, so it's probably not the client. Not sure,
if I should consider this good or bad ;-)

> what does tail /var/log/secure say after your connection is refused?

Nothing. It smells like a had a firewall on that machine, but I don't.
I think it's time for Ethereal. Haven't used it since it got renamed. I
installed the latest Wireshark incarnation yesterday. I'll see later today
if I can find something out this way.

Thanks for your efforts so far!

Kai

--